The PTSA race marks are back in the water and ready for the first race on April 3rd. Some may not know that the marks must be removed every year for the winter lest they accumulate too much fouling and kelp and be washed away in one of our big winter storms. The marks and rode must also be cleaned and repaired as necessary to be ready for the next season. James Arsulich, with his trusty Catalina 36 “Nora Mae”, has assumed responsibly for this task over the last several years. This year he has been ably assisted by Brian Bolling, John Lynes, and Jim Heumann. The guy actually doing the diving has been Oscar Johnson from Poulsbo.
Since a number of the boats in the PHRF fleet could not make the Wednesday evening races we have added a new series that will run on Fridays starting at 6:15pm. The first race is 4/5/2019. All boats are welcome. If you are not sure what PHRF means and want to know more click here.
And don’t forget the kickoff party this Thursday!
Spring is in the air, the days are getting longer, and it’s almost time to start racing again! To get the ball rolling the season kickoff party will be held on Thursday March 21st at the Cotton Building in PT. See below for details.
We had a very fortunate weather window for this year’s Shipwright’s Regatta:- no rain, reasonably steady 11 knot SSE wind, and temperatures soaring into the mid 40’s.
26 boats registered, 20 participated and 18 finished. The course was twice around a roughly 2 mile triangle.
- -The First Wooden Boat to Start and the First Wooden Boat to Finish. ———- 505, Zaya,
- -The Last Boat to Finish. —————- Gloucester Gull Dory, Taswens
- -The Best use of Misspent Energy. (For only managing to start after a few boats had finished the first lap). —————- Stephanie E
- -The First Boat to Finish in B Class. —————- Erin.
- -The Van Hope Community Award for the most pickup crew. ———— Norma Mae.
- -The very young were left at home so that award went to the Oldest Crew. ————- Erin. (Thanks to Jim Blaiklock)
- (My apologies for mistaking Taswens and Stephanie E at yesterdays awards.)
Results by Class
A (Racing) Start time 12:05
- Zaya ——————-12:39:56
- Sir Isaac ————-12:50:46
- Lucky —————–12:51:22
- Sparkle ————–12:54:07
- Tanya Lee ———-13:10:58
B (Cruising) Start time 12:10
- Erin ——————- 13:05:00
- Norma Mae ——-13:05:45
- Ariel of Victoria- 13:11:18
- Able —————— 13:12:22
- Swell Dancer —- 13:20:19
- Noddy ————– 13:37:09
- Taswens ———– 13:40:02
- Stephanie E —— DNF
- Grin ——————-DNF
T-birds Start time 12:15
- Raven ————— 13:01:40
- Owl —————— 13:02:13
- Mabuhay ———- 13:02:33
- Thatuna ————13:04:50
- Coco Solo ——— 13:04:55
- Knot Raven —— 13:05:56