The Port Townsend Sailing Association had another great season in 2012.
Thank you to all our members who made this year so successful & enjoyable. If you are not a current member, please consider rejoining us & catch up on all the fun you’ve been missing. If you are a 2012 member, please renew for 2013. We hope you’ll join again & help make 2013 another amazing year. If you are a new member, we look forward to some great times together on the water.
This past year we:
- Sponsored Spring, Summer & Fall racing series, the Dog Days informal series & the PT Invitational
- Co-sponsored the Port-to-Port Race with Port Ludlow Yacht Club
- Continued the season long PT Wooden Boat Series reserved just for wooden boats
- Continued to publish the PTSail.org web site that, which received over 13,000 visits in 2012
- Installed a new Marine Science Center racing buoy & tackle
- Promoted informal, good time after-race gatherings
- Worked with the PTSA Race Committee to enhance racing & provide an abundance of race opportunities
- Organized sailing and racing seminars open to our entire community
- Helped organize and manage the Northwest Maritime Center’s Shipwrights & Classic Mariner’s Regattas
- Contributed and supported the PT High School Sailing Team & Sea Scouts to help bring the enjoyment we get from sailing to the young sailors in our community.
Your 2013 membership dues will fund:
- A full year of low pressure, fun races, an opportunity to get out on your boat and enjoy some quality time on the water.
- A chance to meet and enjoy the company of like minded sailors.
- The services of a professional race committee & and diverse and interesting courses
- Membership in national and regional organizations such as US Sailing & Pacific International Yacht Racing Association that support sailing in our region and across the country
- Placement & maintenance of race buoys that are legally permitted with the State of Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Continued support of the PT High School Sailing Team & Sea Scouts, the NWMC, and sailing on Port Townsend Bay
- Support for community-wide educational & safety events, like “Racing Rules 101” & “Man Overboard 101”
- Annual end of year awards banquet at the Northwest Maritime Center
To join or renew your membership for 2013, please click here to download the membership form, complete and return.