First White Cap Canceled

p1010645

Dear Sailors,

Tonight’s Whitecap Series opener has been cancelled. Please spread the word. Ironically the wind was a bit intimidating (to me) but we were going to hang tough until the 5 PM deadline as the latest forecasts are encouraging. The committee boat, however, is out one engine and the other engine is “iffy”. Vern is hopeful for next week, but we will work on a plan “B” for next Fri.

Steve

PZZ134-030000-
 ADMIRALTY INLET-
 851 AM PDT FRI APR 2 2010

 GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING

 TODAY
 SE WIND 45 KT SHIFTING TO S 35 KT. WIND WAVES 6 TO 8 FT.
 RAIN TURNING TO SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS.

 TONIGHT
 NW WIND 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. SHOWERS.

The first of Ed Barcott’s Quimper Tar Wednesday night races is scheduled for Wednesday, April 7th. Meet at the picnic table by the Yard Office at 5 PM to decide the course, horn at 6 PM.

Comments are closed.