The 2017 Protection Island Race is scheduled for April 29 th. That’s NEXT SATURDAY. At 11:00 hrs., from City Dock. The date has been chosen for favorable currents.
Printable SI addendum is available at Protection Island SI’s. Print out a couple so you have a spare to hand out on the dock or water […]
If the forecast holds true, a gale warning is already in effect, there will be a lot of whitecaps! You may be wondering if the race will be cancelled. Here is the section from this year’s sailing instructions regarding weather cancellations.
WEATHER CANCELLATION – If NOAA posts Gale Warnings for Admiralty Inlet covering race time […]
The first race of the new season starts at 11 am from City Dock and rounds Smith and Minor Islands. The currents are favorable and it should be great fun to get out of the bay for a change. Everyone is invited to join us, just show up and check in at City Dock. If […]
Race 7 was scheduled as a “make-up” should we not be able to run six successful races in the regular series to permit a throw-out of each boat’s worst performance. This year we had six completed races but had not celebrated the series with a BBQ as tradition dictates. As the RC tends to loiter […]
National Weather Service Forecast
EAST ENTRANCE U.S. WATERS STRAIT OF JUAN DE FUCA- 857 AM PDT FRI MAR 25 2016
SAT SE WIND 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 OR 2 FT.
SAT NIGHT S WIND 5 TO 15 KT BECOMING W 15 TO 25 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 OR 2 FT […]