Next Saturday, August 18 th., is the third Ted Pike Memorial Regatta. Here PTSA celebrates and honors Ted’s life and contributions to the sailing community.
The format of this regatta is as unique as Ted was. The key features are:-
● 12:00 – Boats arrive and anchor off the beach in starting area.
● 12:15 – Skippers arrive on beach by any un-motorized means.
— Entry Fee of one (1) fifth of good quality Rum deposited in keg. (Non alcoholic beverage OK if necessary).
— Racing and Cruising classes assigned.
— PHRF ratings invented for those without. Modified for various excuses.
— Courses announced.
● 12:30 – Start with Skippers on beach, boats anchored out.
— Get to boat and sail off anchor.
● Race around and out of bay (4.0 hr time limit).
— Challenging Course. (Dependent on conditions).
● Finish by any Crew Member reaching the beach to test rum in keg (or alternate beverage).
●16:30 – Awards and party at the Schooner Martha Boat-shop (Port Hudson).
— As the keg gets emptier the lies and excuses get greater.
Registration Forms, Sailing Instructions, and Courses are available right here.