First Spring Whitecap Series Race Friday April 7th, 2017

If the forecast holds true, a gale warning is already in effect, there will be a lot of whitecaps!  You may be wondering if the race will be cancelled.  Here is the section from this year’s sailing instructions regarding weather cancellations.

WEATHER CANCELLATION – If NOAA posts Gale Warnings for Admiralty Inlet covering race time the race may be canceled depending on local observed and predicted conditions. Skippers will gather at the Boat Haven two hours before start time to consider the advisability of racing and inform the RC.

UPDATE April 10th, 2017 – The race committee met with the few skipper who showed up at 4pm,  measured the wind as gusting over 30 knots in the Boat Haven parking lot, and officially cancelled the race.

Comments are closed.