Happy New Year
Here is a reminder about our upcoming meeting on the 12th of January, 6 pm at the Maritime Center. The cost is $5.
We are now ready for the upwind leg. Please review Dellenbaugh’ s Speed and Smarts #129 newsletter regarding the upwind leg. Think about the following:
– How long does it take to tack your boat?
– How many boat lengths do you loose?
– How long does it take to get up to full speed?
– Based on our two previous sessions when is the ideal time to tack and set up for the final approach to the start?
– How long does it take to get up to speed and cover 200 feet, ie approximately 5 to 7 boatlengths depending on the size of the boat?